I have this 1st gen EL44 5EFE on my bench that I want to rebuild to put in my EP91 Starlet.

I have a small issue, I wanted to keep my intake (4E) because of its longer tubes, but as I was looking I noticed a few things.

IAC: the 4E is electrical, the 5E mechanical. Can the 5E ECU run the 4E IAC?

Vacuum: there is a LOT more vacuum ports on the 5E intake, and I have nowhere to connect them on the Starlet...

There is a sensor/actuator connected at the end of the 5E intake, was also connected to the IAC and steering(?), can I ditch all that to use my 4E intake? I don't have the 5E harness, just the engine and ECU, so I don't have connectors for them...

5E
DSC05314.jpg
4E
DSC05315.jpg

5E
DSC05316.jpg
4E
DSC05318.jpg

5E
DSC05317.jpg

4E
DSC05319.jpg

How of a difference is it to run a 4E ECU on a 5E? From all the things I've been looking at it would be the easiest solution, I think.

Of course all would be swapped to 5E, injectors and all, except for the intake/throttle body and the mismatched sensors, actuators and vacuum ports.

I'm in western australia... And just bought a 4age intake and 5efhe cams last week. the intake, from the pics, is a direct replacement for my 4E intake.

So still same dilema, but I' pretty sure that if I reuse the specific sensors from the 4E with the ECU, and the 5E injectors, the ECU will handle it properly.

bigger stroke, bigger injectors. same setup. ECU and oxygen sensor wont freak out because of .05L more per cylinder...

Edited by FMuscle