Okay getting stuff together to do 4efe swap into my carbed 2e EP81. Obviously I'll need the complete engine to start with.

My box and shafts will bolt on directly meaning linkages clutch and fly are all okay too.

Mounts are all the same.

I'll need another exhaust manifold.

My alternator, rad and starter can be reused.

Hard wire an inline fuel pump and fuel return pipe if there isn't one or get a stock efi fuel tank, lines and pump.

This should all be enough to get the engine bolted up and in place ready for running and driving.

Next up is wiring, will I need to get all the looms from an efi starlet? Just dash loom and engine? Or just engine loom?

I had a look at the ignition loom under the dash tonight to maybe do something similar to taggy and the wiring from the ignition runs directly to the fusebox and from what I can make out from pictures online the engine/ecu loom run to dashboard fusebox separate from ignition loom so should just plug right into my dash loom?

One thing that's my biggest down fall has to be auto electrics so really need your help on this

Yes just get your self a complete loom off a GT or Glanza, lay it out in the car side by side the exisiting one and just wire it up the engine. it should be all standard to fit into place. The only thing you will need to do is wire in the wires on the ignition and your good to go, the block connector on the back of the ignition is numbered, just correspond the numbers with the old loom and you can use the existing ignition key.

I made a load of videos to help on youtube, or failing that Grant can give you advice :)

Yes just get your self a complete loom off a GT or Glanza, lay it out in the car side by side the exisiting one and just wire it up the engine. it should be all standard to fit into place. The only thing you will need to do is wire in the wires on the ignition and your good to go, the block connector on the back of the ignition is numbered, just correspond the numbers with the old loom and you can use the existing ignition key.

I made a load of videos to help on youtube, or failing that Grant can give you advice :)

Cheers for the answers Taggy, was hoping you might see this. Just to clarify, when you say get the complete loom do you mean just the complete engine loom or complete interior/dash/engine.

I've bookmarked your threads and videos and been over them a few times but until I get a 4e loom in my hands I probably won't be able to place exactly what it is you're doing in the videos/pictures. Been under my dash but considering it's carbed I can't see where the loom runs from the engine to the ecu and on again

• 2 weeks later...