think my 4efte has spun a big end bearing advice needed asap...

was driving back from picking up a gt turbo and just as i pulled up outside my house i hear a knocking almost sounds like a rattle. have been told it could be the big end bearings. what would be the best way of getting my car up and running again? was thinking about just taking the sump off and checking for damage to the crank and if all is okay just put some new big end bearings on, anyone else got experience with this?

any help much appreciated

If you have developed a pronounced knocking then for 1 DO NOT restart that engine.

yes you will need to take the sump off to remove conrod bottoms and check bigends.

let us know how you get on buddy

Very very sorry to hear this mate

If you have developed a pronounced knocking then for 1 DO NOT restart that engine.

yes you will need to take the sump off to remove conrod bottoms and check bigends.

let us know how you get on buddy

Very very sorry to hear this mate

thanks for the reply bud, not going to start it again going to get it on the ramp tomorrow and get the sump etc off and have a look. this is my 4th starlet and my 3rd gtturbo never had a problem like this such a downer pulling up in a new car outside your house to hear a knocking like that...