enginebay.jpg

any one know what it could be. only seems to start when first turned on and once warm seems to go away after like 15 mins.. i never noticed this noise when it was warmer if that helps? and if someone can tell me if i filled up in wrong area was i meant to fill it up from radiator cap?

yes i filled up the coolant in to the plastic container. was this wrong? should i drain the radiator before filling with new coolant if so how? and my mind is at rest on the ticking situation. i just didnt hear it when i first bought the car and was wondering if anything was going to break....

The coolant bottle will have markings on it showing a minimum & maximum level. Keep the level midway between these markers, the level will change between hot and cold cycles but not by much.

If the bottle starts pushing water out of the drain hole there's something sinister going on and you should investigate.

The radiator should be full of coolant so check it next time the car is cold to avoid burning yourself.

how do i check that? just take the rad cap off....... what else do i need to allways keep an eye on. i have a oil filter but i cant get the bugger on lol. took off the splash gard and the filter is a bugger to get out. i couldnt even ram a screwdriver in it. was in such a dodgy area. how stupid is that. where can i get one of those clamps which bolts on to the end and a spanner?

• 2 weeks later...