Ok so I'm booked in for Tuesday to try get more out my hybrid on dastek, I wondered, has anyone went from a speed vision to another hybrid and what difference was their ? Or from another to the speed vision ? Just so I know if it's gonna be worth it..

im just trying to think if its worth while trying to get the map better with the current setup, it just doesnt feel quick as it should.and top end is shit!

i read that someone had a tongs which outperformed a speedvision unit which i know isnt great anyway but it made me wonder..

if im right in thinking that the speed vision hybrid in a ct9 but better basically?

sooo im right, in my opinion i wouldnt get another map id save up for a bigger turbo set up. i dont know alot about dastek ecu's but it may not be as tunable as an EMU or EMB :/

james

my engine is still standard and i dont wanna blow it up which is the main reason ive not changed the setup etc..

when i spoke to russ at HQ he said it wouldnt be worth changing to a emanage over the dastek so i imagine its not much better..

the main reason im thihking of getting the map sorted is because when the revs built higher up about 5k rpm it pulls stronger so i cant help but think it needs tweeked as its an old map, a different manifold, downpipe and ver2 instead of ver1 of the turbo..

dont be afraid of bigger turbos on standard engines, theres a massive group on here running TD04s on standard engines and are very happy. if your tuner doesnt push the limits it should be fine

if you stick up a spec list of your current set up someone will be able to offer advice on wht to change to gain more power

james

Fair enough Jimmy,

Spec list-

Speed vision gen2 hybrid

zisco mani and downpipe

nur spec r

fmic

front mount air filter

rrfpr

mbc set at 15 psi

high octane fuel

Dastek ecu with map from previous owner

so i was going to HQ to get an engine health check and try alter the map to get more aggresive power as ive heard the dastek units are actually pretty decent when mapped proper.

at the moment my GT isnt much quicker than a clio 182 which isnt stripped out which i feel it should be better than it is for the power to weight etc..