Bought some mods, anyone got pics of a gt fitted with a super drager exhaust?

Just bought a HKS super drager exhaust system, zep racing de-cat, and actuator.

Anyone got pics of a GT with a super drager fitted?

Also what power output should i expect with those mods? I will be upping boost to 0.8bar so i dont need any fuel management.

Marc

if you have an induction kit, beware of boost creep with those mods :lol:

Rob

/

boost creep? im thinking of getting a de-cat soon and actuator as they seem simple and affordabl mods but would i need to do anything else otherthan fit them?

^ do you have an induction kit?!

if you do and you fit a decat and an exhaust system you may get boost creep, you may not......

R

A Decent actuator should hold boost well.So you shoudlnt get much creep, if any.

You only get major creep issues with a relocated filter and standard wastegate port.

Could allways buy a electronic boost controller to hold stable boost.

My super drager system : not quite a gt but still lol

P2170031.jpg

A Decent actuator should hold boost well.So you shoudlnt get much creep, if any.

You only get major creep issues with a relocated filter and standard wastegate port.

Could allways buy a electronic boost controller to hold stable boost.

for the people that dont know, boost controllers cant limit boost :lol:

for the people that dont know, boost controllers cant limit boost :lol:

So youre saying that if you open the actuator right up, to say 1 bar for example, and then you set the boost controller to limit of 50% ie 0.5 bar, it wont hold that?

:) ie it'll be holding boost pressure back using the solenoid.Brap

Boost creep is an ASS.If youve never experianced it, you wont know how much of an ass it is.

To put it simply, creep is when you hit the desired boost pressure, but then it keeps going up up and beyond lol

Normally down to wastegate size, airfilter relocations and also cold weather can make it creep..

Best way to solve it, is by hacking at the wastegate on a ct9 or other internally ported turbo.

So youre saying that if you open the actuator right up, to say 1 bar for example, and then you set the boost controller to limit of 50% ie 0.5 bar, it wont hold that?

yup :lol:

Quoted from a Q&A regarding an HKS EVC which is the same as any other boost controller

Q8: Can the EVC LOWER boost?

A: No, there is no way for the EVC to set boost lower.....

Obviously its not the best way, because youre putting alot of pressure on the solenoid valve.

What it means on that hks FAQ page is , you cant LOWER the boost pressure, i said you use the controller to limit the boost..

If youre actuators set at 1bar, it means you cant lower the value to say 0.5.

But you can hold the pressure back, the solenoids will allways limit pressure to a certain extent, otherwise they will be pointless having a desired boost setting.

All an elec boost controller does, is let the desired pressure through the valve, hence why they have gain settings etc.

The actuator will be set to allow higher pressure than you actually need, and the response of pressure getting to the turbo is determined by the solenoid opening time.

Hard to explain, so that probably makes no sense, but at the end of the day, you cant lower the pressure, but you can limit it!

Say for my setup for example, if i turn my boost controller off it will peak and hold at the actuators setting (1.2 bar)

On the high setting (boost controller on) it will boost to 1bar or there abouts , been too long since ive driven it.

And on the Low setting (boost controller on) it will boost up to a limit of 0.5bar and hold nice and steady.Obviously if it was under throttle, on the low setting and it was holding at 0.5, then the controller died, the boost would zip up to 1.2 which would be the actuator setting.

Badaping? time for a beer after that essay :lol: