something else I've been meaning to do for ages!

Right I've not really got any real excuse for taking this long to get this done other than im slack, i know i was being irresponsible but...

My car is finally correctly registered as a 1.6 4age 20v!

IMG-20140923-WA0010.jpeg

I've been fully insured with the 20v for years but im sure it would have been a bit funny if id had my insurance checked against my tax and engine number to chassis number etc it would have flagged up and probably voided my insurance. So just to make this clear for anyone doing a swap.

1.3 to 1.3 wouldn't matter but changing tax bands creates issues. Basically about a year ago i sent my v5 of with the correct details only to get it returned with a later stating it needs one of the following

a receipt for the replacement engine (no engine numbers were on my invoice)

an inspection report provided for insurance purposes (rac or insurers, they never once even bothered to check and I've been insured with 2 different companies fully declared and told them about the work involved)

written confirmation on headed paper from a garage (if the change took place before you bought the vehicle)

A letter from the manufacturer confirming engine numbers.

(not really ideal as they're not going to know what they're looking at or if its even safe)

Ok so i cheated and got a letter from my MOT station but they've mot'd the car for the last 8 years and are fully aware of the swap and the car so who better to do it?

Anyway next issue is whats the deal with the tax. Is my current tax now invalid or does it just run until i renew in a month or 2?