slave cylinder or master

need some help please my car keeps getting stuck in first gear sometimes. i think is the master cylinder or the slave but im not sure which one. i checked for oil leaks but there are not any. it could be an internal oil leak a a rubber gone inside the cylinder. is there a way to check which cylinder is not working properly?

thanks guys

for the slave cylinder, you can pull back the rubber over it and see if you see any fluid leaking into that rubber or to the outside

you could also get someone press the clutch pedal and see if the piston in the slave cylinder slowly loses pressure and goes back into the housing

has your master cylinder fluid level dropped?

is the clutch fluid in the master cylinder black?----the rubber maybe corroding and darkening the reservoir fluid

the fluid is very black! i checked the slave cylinder but i didn't see any oil there. also had a mate pressing the clutch to see how the slave cylinder is working and its working ok. i dont wanna change both cylinders without being sure thanks for the help