hi, im new to this site. I've odered a glanza from japan and I've been told its on its way and was just wondering if there is any thing i have to look out for or if theres anything i have to do to it when it arrives as im new to import cars.

p.s. how long will it take for all he paper work to come threw.

thanx

welcome to the club mate, they are pretty robust and even if they have had abuse by and large they are reliable

not too sure how long the paperwork will take to come though though

is the car standard?

@christian there are a few sites that give you a step by step guide on how to import cars. the biggest problem is finding an agent over there to bid on the car and sort all the paperwork out over there. . . .

i was looking on ebay and all the ads online and must have looked at about 10 glanza's but non of them really stood out and the more i drove the more i wanted to own 1. anyways,lol. i met a guy in birmingham on landor st where every1 gets together and shows off there cars, he said he had knew some 1 in yokohama who can get me a done up car. he sent me pics of some seriously tuned up cars but my heart was set on the glanza. so he said he would make sure the car is mechanically sound and get it on the ship then id have to do the rest so im waiting for my car to arrive at bristol then take each step as it comes, shouldnt be too hard should it?lol alot of the import companies quoted me £4500 - £6000 but doin it yourself does save you alot of money

what about waxoil or somefin, some1 told me i would have to get that done to the car but i acted as if i knew what he meant and said yes.lol

my cars got:

coilovers

turbo timer

racing steering wheel

boost gauge

aftermarket exhaust

alloys

tinted windows

passenger airbag

98 spec all around

I've got the pics on photobucket, let me know what you think

http://s250.photobucket.com/albums/gg251/4myr/

standard the handling patchy , but as you have coilovers you shouldent have a problem

most jap coilovers are pretty ott for uk roads with their springrates, if you find that its too stiff, set about selling them starting on the suspension from scratch. theres alot that can be tinkered wi which is cool but basicaly

an anti lift caster kit(£50) from whiteline will sort out the numb stearing feel and a rear anti roll bar(£100) will increase roolll stiffness quelling the understear,

after that you should be left with a very exploitable chassis akin some of the french ones out there,

:lol:

I've promised myself i aint gona spend too much but i can never keep my promises.lol its on the ship and the ship left yokahoma on xmas day so im expecting it end of jan or begining of feb.was told it takes around 5weeks if there aint no storms. i was hoping you guys could give me a couple of tips.