need help with parts asap please

hi guys my engine has been stripped by my engine builder but its starting to take a while so im sourcing parts my self.

just now im looking at replacing the conrod bearings etc but he has sent me a photo on 1 conrod but on each side it has two different stamped numbers.

one side has 1, and the other side has 2.. so i dont really know what im to order?

and on top of that im not sure if i am to order main bearings or main shells etc also.

any help?

conrod2_zpsae131929.jpg

conrod1_zps7e424535.jpg

Does your engine builder not own a micrometer?

I wouldn't go with the numbers marked as the chances are the journals are going to be slightly oval so they need to be measured.

Edited by AdamB

he doesn't have one but said he is getting one this weekend to measure. what exactly is it he needs to measure just so I know? Im sure he knows but I kinda need to know everything also..

basically I had bad det which screwed 3 pistons, killed the rings and slightly scored a bore.

so im changing the pistons/rings and I wanted to change the bearings also but its proving to be a right pain in the ass..

Everything needs to be measured and checked to be within tolerance. I guess its just a bottom end rebuild and your not touching the head?

It really depends how good an engine you really want.

You'll need to measure:

• cylinder wall thickness
  • big end journal diameters
  • rod end journal diameters
  • main end oil clearance
  • rod end oil clearance
  • crank run-out
  • crank thrust
  • piston to cylinder wall clearance
  • gudgeon pin clearance
  • piston ring width
  • ring end gap

There's plenty more if your doing a full rebuild including the head.

You will need to measure the crankshaft journals and decide whether they are in tolerance or not, whether they are worn oval or not, then the crank will need a regrind.

Edited by AdamB

would it be alright to just hone the block, replace the big ends and main bearings, change the pistons, rings and gaskets?

Yes you will need to hone the cylinders or your new piston rings will never seat correctly and you'll have excessive blow by. But the bore will still need to be measured to ensure you get the correct gap because the OEM pistons came in different sizes so they would need to be checked against manufacturer tolerances to ensure you can use the pistons you got.

The bearings still need to be measured!

Edited by AdamB