Glanza WANTED!

Nice glanza @seab... and ive joined this forum for help on buying one of these cars and learning about the car itself not to receive hate. its not my fault insurance is extortion and god knows why me classifying the car as a 1.3 is going to make your insurance go up ill be darnned...

Nice glanza @seab... and ive joined this forum for help on buying one of these cars and learning about the car itself not to receive hate. its not my fault insurance is extortion and god knows why me classifying the car as a 1.3 is going to make your insurance go up ill be darnned...

If you crash into me or run me over in you glanza Insured as a sportif it means then your not insured and makes my claim invalid and I have to pay and my insurance goes up, you join a forum of people who 90% have everything declared and hate people who try cheat the system and ruin it for every one

As everyone says, just insure it as what it is. If you shunt it or anyone else you aren't covered which isn't fair on everyone else on the road.

I am 29 now and owned most performance jap cars so I like most if not all of the owners on here have been through the ordeal of extortionate costs of insurance.

If you want a performance varient or performance car you have to suck it up and accept the running costs that come with them.

I insured mine first at the age of 20 and it wasnt that bad.

Mine is registered as a Glanza though and could be within your budget let me know if it appeals.

Hmm I can see where your coming from and these are just what if? I'm not an idiot on the road buy I can see where your coming from I just though it was alright as most people I know round my area with high performance cars don't classify certain stuff because of insurance. Thanks anyway guys think I'm going to get a vrs and have a box for a year so it's all legit.

Hmm I can see where your coming from and these are just what if? I'm not an idiot on the road buy I can see where your coming from I just though it was alright as most people I know round my area with high performance cars don't classify certain stuff because of insurance. Thanks anyway guys think I'm going to get a vrs and have a box for a year so it's all legit.

It's not hate but £4000 is a big budget for a glanza, why not spend £3000 and insure it properly?

VRS with a box fitted would be painful having a car that you want to kick the arse off but having to pootle it about : /

Why not get a sportif, slowly rep it up like a glanza and get it looking sweet, then after a year or so put a turbo engine in it or sell it and get a glanza?

For me to insure a 1.3 sportif it's 2000 glanza 5000 and the gt model is same as glanza and yeah i understand its a pain to have a box in a sporty car but my idea was to buy a standard vrs then spent a year making it look nice on the interior and exterior then after a year of the box get it taken out then think about remap etc etc... I just don't know it's hard because of insurance on what I should do really.

For me to insure a 1.3 sportif it's 2000 glanza 5000 and the gt model is same as glanza and yeah i understand its a pain to have a box in a sporty car but my idea was to buy a standard vrs then spent a year making it look nice on the interior and exterior then after a year of the box get it taken out then think about remap etc etc... I just don't know it's hard because of insurance on what I should do really.

I've been getting insurance quotes recently too. To get insured on a Starlet SR it's £18,500 no modifications declared. It's pretty damn crazy, for young drivers to get insured is pretty much impossible.

Edit: That was on comparethemarket.com and I only had one quote no one else even bothered giving me a quote lol...

Aamir

Edited by Aamir