it should be easy peasy... altho, dont take anything for granted with engine conversions.... i learned the hard way.

this thread can only really be answered by whitestarlet...

all the best.

Rich.

the manifold i used came on the 5e-fe engine so i had no problems getting it up and running one of my temperature sensors was different but it was only a mater of changing over the sensor in the thermostat housing. one problem i had was the fan stayed on constantly but if you get a fan sensor with 2 terminals on it earth on to the engine and put the other into the sensor wire!! an outo spark should be able to sort that out no problem!! ! yeah it should mate and put on the JDM intake manifold aswell

duty done!! lol if you have anymore probs post them up but i dont think you should!! are you using the starlet wiring loom??? cause thats wat i did!!

oh dear now im gonna hadda get the finger out so i dont have the lowest powered N/A 5e starlet!!

the starlet wiring loom is fine! its was just thatt plug that was different! plus the one on the throttle body i forgot about though i kept the 4e one on!

last RR was 103.something bhp at fly and 117 i think NM torque so yeah it is noticable

the starlet wiring loom is fine! its was just thatt plug that was different! plus the one on the throttle body i forgot about though i kept the 4e one on!

last RR was 103.something bhp at fly  and 117 i think NM torque  so yeah it is noticable

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

cool. cheers for info :rolleyes:

the manifold i used came on the 5e-fe engine so i had no problems getting it up and running one of my temperature sensors was  different but it was only  a mater of changing over the sensor in the thermostat housing. one problem i had was the fan stayed on constantly but if you get a fan sensor with 2 terminals on it earth on to the engine and put the other into the sensor wire!! an outo spark should be able to sort that out no problem!! ! yeah it should mate and put on the JDM intake manifold aswell

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what do you mean with the fan? was it a fault with yours or will i get the same problem as well? cant i just swap the temp switch or something? does the fan work through the ecu which, combined with a different temp sensor, would think it was running hotter than it was. (did you understand that last bit?) cheers

the radiator fan mate!! should have made that clearer. i tried different sensors lower and higher temp but nothing worked.the fan just kept running! i dont know what causes it. i was talking to jaystarr at the time and he said when the air-con was removed from a GT the fan stayed on but since i didnt have the Paseo wiring loom i couldnt bridge the 2 wires like i should have been able to do.

it hasnt been running hotter at all because the fan was on constant but on the guage on the inside of the car (dash) the temerature needle stayed in the middle!

hope that helps