im gonna be asking my dad to go halves with me on my birthday on some coilovers but im going to get them fitted by a pro.

i wanna know how low can i go before it starts messin up my car because i want it really low?

my mate has lowered his car 120mm and he now has to raise it up because it keeps knackering gear boxes.

this is not what i want!!

can any one help?

cheers sam :)

Hey Bro

Your going to have trouble passed the 60mm mark with arch rubbing depending what rims etc you have

My car sits at just over 60mm at the moment I would say, I have 16s and it rubs slightly full lock the one way and when cornering hard the tyre catches the outer arch (it was like this on 15s aswell)

I now have wider fenders so it shouldnt rub the outer arch now

So if you want to go low you would need arch work I would say :)

Im going to drop the back of mine a bit more soon should be about 80+ mm :D

Also when I had 15s my car used to "see saw" on speed bumps, doesnt do it now I got 16s :p

Hope that helps

Hmm..i'm not sure what u asking but I don't think a starlet can be lowered by 120mm. You don't need a pro to fit the coilover. Just do it yourself. Never heard of gearbox failure from fitting a coilover.

you can sit the fickers on the floor if you like mate.

but reasonably. you can drop them about 50mm max if you plan to actually drive it on uk roads.

Well said

I got mine on springs for now with a 40mm drop

I find that its catches on alot of things with onlt a 40mm drop

Its mostly the exhaust you will have trouble with as it hangs down quite low

(on springs because i needed to see if i could get up and down my street before i spent loads on coilovers as street is full of speed bumps)

Go too low and you'll end up putting a whole can of whoop ass on youre driveshafts and running gear because of the angle the shafts are.

You have to be realistic when you lower it, Speedhumps, savage pot holes etc.. god bless the uk.

If youre fitting coilys, adjust them and put them on the car, then if you want it lower or higher, just adjust them.Do the swap youre self, its a piece of pish bud.

All you have to do is swap and then take it to get the camber,castor,toe set up.