Question Turbo related i think Thick White Smoke!!!

Hey people I just recently bought a 1993 Gt turbo, i bought it half f***ed so i bought a glanza new freshbuild engine for it! and when we put it back together it was okay for a few days but smoking a little it didnt seem to boost aswell, turbo seemed to not sound right then i started hearing a little rattle and it suddenly got a load louder it sounds like theres a bolt in the turbo flying about like its bounceing of the walls n when you apply throttle it gets louder it seems to run and tick over good but when the rattle got louder loads n loads of thick white smoke started coming out like a steamtrain!! i instantly turned it off and then dropped oil n took sump off n there was filings in the sump! bottom ends okay shells bearings ect, and i also looked up the cylinders and they seem okay too! trying to find out weather a blown turbo could be the cause i havnt took turbo off yet as working alot but would really appriciate if anyone else has had this problem before??! :)