td04 19t billet or IHI VF30

• 2 weeks later...

the hybrid td04 may suffer from boost creep at high boost and then taper off in the higher rpm

depending on how well your hybrid td04 is built and your boost controller's ability, you maybe able to get it to work

however, i'd suggest you follow ramses advice, as he has ran a lot of those/similar turbos on the past and recorded the data

the hybrid td04 may suffer from boost creep at high boost and then taper off in the higher rpm

depending on how well your hybrid td04 is built and your boost controller's ability, you maybe able to get it to work

however, i'd suggest you follow ramses advice, as he has ran a lot of those/similar turbos on the past and recorded the data

Thank you Gorganl2000, and you are RIGHT !!, the td04L19T suffers from a lot of boost creep over 1.2bar and after 6000k, i tried with my sbcid to change this by programming boost by rpm or spd and the results were very bad and my car meanwhile boost was high was slow due to the boost controller ability, that is why i prefer the vf35 , it is not the best turbo but for the price and drivability it does not have the problems of the td04l19t. I used TD04L19t too on my old Mazda and on high rpm i was slow, torque was high but not enough power than the gt2560 or VF35...

About td04L19t there are a lot of version , all versions i used were very different , and some were slower than the VF35...and for 4e/5e VF35 is better for daily driving than VF30...

i've seen experiences/results to what you have said

many different hybrid tdo4s on the market, ---the same for hybrid ct9s,,,,some show improvements over the stock units, while others not so much

are the improvements over stock units worth the price of these hybrids?!?! that's for the buyer to decide after their research and based on their budget

it all starts to get a bit technical when you go messing with the compressor wheel, you install a bigger one to increase flow),,,, then get some surge/spike and taper, then you go messing with exhaust/turbine wheel and porting the exhaust housing/wastegate to counter...then you get some lag

some turbo builders manage to strike a balance, but keep their secrets close as would be expected,,,,,others not so much

with the range of stock turbos out there nowadays, one can almost find an affordable turbo to match their needs without having to buy/build a hybrid, especially if you have already garrett/mhi/TD series exhaust manifold on your ep82/91

Edited by gorganl2000