preload on meister zeta r coilovers

Right fitted a set 4 months ago. Had it 4 wheel aligned for toe. But reading a article yesterday had me thinking. When I was adjusting the fronts with the car jacked up i could move the spring up and down by hand. I thought this was due too it being lowered as the locking collar is lower then usual so the spring won't stretch as far so isn't under compression.... is this correct.. or how do I set the preload? Thanks

No the spring stays locked in place with the upper to collars, as for setting the preload id guess it really needs doing on a proper setup but somethings better than them being loose imo.

The proper procedure To lower the car would be, loosen the collar against the lower shock body and screw the whole shock in and out of that housing to raise or lower the car.

Ah I see cheers also what's the top adjuster plates for on the top mounts. When I done the alignment undone the Allen keys and the whole thing slide to one side? Guessing cuz the weight of the car.... I read about the elongated bolts on bottom of the shock how do I go about setting up the camber for when I sort the springs out properly lol

The top ones are for proper camber adjustment the ovalated lower bolts do the same thing so you shouldnt need them as you have the top mounts. Also theres a small amount play in the lower bolt holes so you want to make sure that when them 2 bolts were done up that the hub was lifted to take up the slack in them as if not you can get positive camber which is very bad for handling.

A decent alignment center should go over all of this with you tbh