turbo, mani and decat plan

right im planning on fitting a decat and upgraded mani to my 96 glanza. im doing this but i still have the rest of the standard exhaust system in place, my other engine mods are hks actuator and trd panal filter.

*will this cause problems for me with backpressure with the standard exhaust in place from cat back and make boost creep worse? (someone touched on it causing issues in a thread else where, would just like a little more info)

my next plan is with the turbo, seeing as i will be taking it off im gonna get it rebuilt and reconditioned at work. while doing this im gonna port the wastgate to aid creep problems.

*i will also be getting the blades cut back, but seeing as this helps the turbo top end, will this make the possible creep problems worse in anyway?

for now i only want to run 0.8 bar and im fearing that the decat and mani will cause creep issues at this boost level.

also is there running a ct12 on here at all?

thanks in advance

keiran

hey keirs im in the exact same predicament as you at the moment bud,

running my mods are almost identical to yours at the moment man and the rear exhaust poses a delema. obviusly its oober restrictive.

im having a stab in the dark here but im of the understanding that as long as you still have your stock inlet pipe in place then you should not have boost creep issues.. incidently at the last rr day, one of the guys gained 30lb.ft just by a decat.

if i were you i would not touch your tubby. you have the skill and knowhow about you so why not look at a larger c12 turbo from a "us spec supra" and a rear housing from a ct9

this is the turbo i would chooose, the turbo compressor side is larger than the ct9(not buy a big amount but every little helps)

thats all you need. US Spec supra ct12 comes with a steel rear wheel.

Now you get the rear housing machined so it has 1.3mm clearance between the wheel and inner wall of housing.

Once that is done clean up the wastegate port with a dyegrinder and assemble turbo togheter.

on cutting back the blades,

my own opinion this is not necissary for any reason on the small ct9, the ass is small but ideal for its purpose and spools up quick enough as is,

porting the waistgate is sufficient enough,

none of the hybrids i sell have cutback blades as its not needed.

if you have any more questions just ask kierz man :rolleyes:

you'll be fine with the exhaust I would think, I was running 1Bar with an N/A Exhaust for a few months and I didn't experience any sort of issues...

Backpressure in a Forced Induction Application isn't really detrimental to the health of the engine or it's components, but rather more of a hinderance to effective power production

thanks,

ct12 is what ive been thinking for a while, but what i want for now is some where close to 170ish bhp and dont yet want to do the fueling and run major boost.

the major thing for me is to have a very responsive lagless set up, big bhp figures arnt really my aim at the minute, so i gonna have a look into ct12.

when i was looking at them at work there doesnt seem a major difference from the ct9.

yeah think that will be the easiest plan to acheive what i want for now, and will either try out the ct12 at a later date or go straight for a hybrid ct9.

think im gonna order the decat and mani from speedvision as his new manis are braced and very resonabley priced.

its pretty bad because i havnt even fitted my newest goodies yet and im already ordering more!