Right the story goes,

I had a leak on the gearbox side of my block so I changed the dizzy I ring as the one I took out was hard and flat and I thought that would sort the problem.

As it turns out it is still leaking and from the engine I have just stripped I can see there is an inspection bung very close ? I wonder wether wether anyone on here has had them leak before ?

Also I have a leak on the cam belt side also and I can't seem to source it :(

Any help is appreciated.

Makes sense that it would be from the cover... The part where it goes over the cams is hard to seal properly, if you opened it, did you put silicone on these 6 "corners"?

I have the same on my new 5E, I have the clear cambelt cover and there's a light film of oil on it, and I can see a small drop from the sump behind the pulley, and another next to the gearbox...

Sounds like cam cover to me. I had leaks both sides that looked to be coming from elsewhere and both turned out to be cam cover.

Replace with a genuine Toyota item, other cheaper ones don't seal properly.

Yea i have a new seal as the old one was abit tired. Not sure if its an eom one but i will check and if not i will re order one.

Makes sense that it would be from the cover... The part where it goes over the cams is hard to seal properly, if you opened it, did you put silicone on these 6 "corners"?

I have the same on my new 5E, I have the clear cambelt cover and there's a light film of oil on it, and I can see a small drop from the sump behind the pulley, and another next to the gearbox...

No i didn't silicone the corners ? it seemed to fit quite well so i didn't bother ? yea thats the same places im getting my leaks.

Don't know if it also counts for the 4efte but with a lot of 4age engine the distributors leak from the inside, but they can be rebuilt

Yea it seems to be coming from that area. Although I did replace the o ring on the shaft of the distributor but still seems to be leaking ? Is there anyway it actually gets through the shaft I to the dissy housing ?

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...