Replace Rear Axel with Disc Breaks

Hi Greetings,

First off, Im pretty new to this forum. I accidentally met this forum when I was searching solutions for my queries. This is my problem.

I have Starlet ep91 (Reflet x) which is pretty basic car with all the general functions. It has drum breaks in rear wheels. I need to replace them with disk breaks. Is it possible to do ? I suppose Glanza axel would fit. is there anyone who did such modification ?

thanks in advance.

It bolts on.

U need Can either swap the whole axle. You will also need handbrake cables and the flexi brake lines too.

Or you can buy the calipers, carriers, baseplates, discs, cables and flexi lines and swap them onto your axle.

In all honesty though the disc rear brakes are terrible the drums work 1000x better and dont seize half as often either.

Most people have issues with disc rear axles. it was hands down the most pointless thing I've done to my car.

I've got a bias valve to fit to replace the drum one to see if that helps and all 3 cables to replace then I've got to set the adjustment And i will see if that works but tbh im not holding out any hope.

I've replaced discs and pads and tried setting the adjustment and I've also rebuilt my calipers twice and theyre still terrible Really wouldnt waste your time or money lol

Thing is the master cylinder is set up differently for disc or drums. If you fit drum axle on a Glanza you'll probably end up with too much braking power in the rear just like discs don't get enough on a drum equipped car...
I don't really have bad comments about the brake performance itself (locked all 4 when a biker fell in front of me in a roundabout, the rear locked right after the front), but my biggest complaint is the handbrake, it's by far weaker than before. not holding as much, and if I try to adjust more I'll have pressure on the pads even when the e-brake's off. And forget about handbrake locking/drifting unless you're on ice

Thing is the master cylinder is set up differently for disc or drums. If you fit drum axle on a Glanza you'll probably end up with too much braking power in the rear just like discs don't get enough on a drum equipped car...

I don't really have bad comments about the brake performance itself (locked all 4 when a biker fell in front of me in a roundabout, the rear locked right after the front), but my biggest complaint is the handbrake, it's by far weaker than before. not holding as much, and if I try to adjust more I'll have pressure on the pads even when the e-brake's off. And forget about handbrake locking/drifting unless you're on ice

ahhaa.... now it makes sense. this is absolutely true. thanks FMuscle