spring rates???

Hi,

I got k-sport coilovers with spring rate 5,3 front and rear, i dont think it is perfekt so i want to buy softer springs for the rear. ...what spring rates got tein, meisterR.....

Edited by motion

I drive 4000km a year so it is not important to be comfortable, i am going 3-4 times a year for trackdays, for me it works good but a little bit bouncy in corners, don't know where it comes from.

Same spring rate front and rear appears

strange to me.

@mickey4410: what coilovers?

yours in kg/1mm

front 18,1

rear 11,3

isn't it a little bit too hard?

I got front and rear

5,3 kg / 1mm

*confused*

Where did u get 18kg from? 440lbs is 8kg??

400 lbs = 181 kg

but you are right

I think Mickey's values are for 1 inch,

the spring rate in mm=

front 7,1

rear 4,4

@AdamB: thank you i will check this but don't you think the rear springs should be softer than in the front?

Edited by motion

The front end requires stiff springs purely because of having to carry the weight of the drive train and partially of the driver. If it had soft springs the car will be touching tarmac.

The problem is with running a stiff front spring is that it increases understeer, the only way to counteract this is to run a rear spring which is approx twice as stiff as the front to get somewhere near neutral handling.

It really does depend on many factors, a chassis will handle better with a softer spring, but it depends on ride height, ground clearance etc.