Ecu blowing/stinking

As you know I've had problems with the EFI fuse due to some numpty putting battery on wrong terminals 😁 anyway what happens is:

3clicks of key to ignition efi fuse blows instantly SO

I took the ecu out and opened it up, don't ask why but I smelt it and to put it bluntly it fucking stinks.

I put another fuse in the efi, ecu unplugged, turned key 3clicks... Never blew

I plugged ecu back in, turned key 3clicks, fuse popped instantly

So am I right in thinking, battery wrong way and pissing around with fuses has pretty much frazzled my ecu? Cus I know the efi is linked with fuel ecu ignition relays etc

Seems funny as that's what a fuse is primarily used for so a bit strange the ecu would have been Fried cuz of that but there is only one way to tell....bang another in there :)

It's got to the point I'm debating stripping for parts, not gonna lie battery terminals were on wrong way for a day of trying everything to start it and with it smelling does it seem logic? Cus I'm just chucking money at parts I think could be the problem and it's never ending, earths are earthed everything's intact

Don't throw in the towel just yet, get another ecu (£30) and see what happens....i kept blowing the efi fuse and turns out there was a wire from my boost controller rubbing on the slam panel shorting it out....doesnt take much

Don't throw in the towel just yet, get another ecu (£30) and see what happens....i kept blowing the efi fuse and turns out there was a wire from my boost controller rubbing on the slam panel shorting it out....doesnt take much

If it's not the ecu I'm stumped, I've checked wires other than having dashboard out, it's so fucking frustrating 😫😫