High idle N/A with FTE inlet and auto tps

As title. I have an FTE and TB fitted to my N/A. I initially did the "twist the manual FTE TPS" thing mentioned in the fitment guide, which made the car not start. Some tinkering later and I got her running, but she was running very rich and absolutely murdered my fuel mileage (to the tune of 14.8mpg on my last tank). So I bought an auto Glanza TB because it has a variable TPS like the N/As, connected the wires following a handy diagram of the TPS I Found on TGTT and a UK spec pinout diagram and she starts, the fuelling issue is gone, but now she idles at a consistent 2k RPM.

I'm certain there's no vac leaks, because I didn't actually move any of vac pipes except for the two on the TB, and I've checked both of those thoroughly. The idle control screw is all the way in, so I can't just manually drop the revs. The throttle cable is free and has the slightest amount of slack at rest, so the butterfly is fully closed.

I'm down to one idea: since the N/A ICV is just kinda sitting in the bay with no coolant running through it, does the ECU think the engine's cold and so stick the choke on? I don't really know how to test for that either.

End of my rope here.