Replacing front main seal, should i also replace oil pump seal?

Hi,

I did find out that my Starlet EP91 is leaking oil from the front main seal. I do have to change the timing belt soon anyway, so i better change the seal at once. What i'm wondering though is if i could replace the main seal without removing the oil pump housing, Or is it advisable the replace the oil pump seal at the same time? Don't think it's leaking from there though.

Any special tools needed for the seal removal? Usually they pry it out with a screwdriver, i think the 4EFE will be no different?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

he omnaj use smal drill bit like3mm and drill 2 holes at 12 and 6 or wich ever you get the idea then screw 2 srews in there and wiggle it out

DO not pry it out with screwdriver or you might scratch the housing or scratch crank in both cases it will leak then and never seal again

also if u want new pump go ebay.com and lok for 5efe paseo pump there cheaper on there delivered and customs then buyin over ere