have been building up my 91 for a while now and finilly got it on the road last week but its boosting way to high. i want it to boost 8-10psi but its going up till 14+. anyone have any ideas how to stop this? i huard and read mixed idea, not sure what to go with, external wastegate? adjustable actuator? map? cars jam ecu, japspeed pipe, blitz fmic, have wepr mani and decat but not on yet.

any knowledge or suggestions would be appreciated, cheers

Edited by phil_boyd

Guessing it's a standard Ct9 and stock actuator? If so the wastegate is really small, you can try porting the wastegate out a little and get an adjustable actuator like an HKS one and setting it to 8/10psi. However an externally gated setup will always be best!

the spring on standard actuators gets weak after a while and struggles to hold the desired boost level so best off buying a hks or tuning developments actuator brand new. and also port out the wastegate on your turbo as this will allow the gas to be released better reducing the chances of creep.

off topic...are you aaron c's friend with the ep91 conversion?

youll not have any more problems when you do those fella, even with a decat and relocated filter youll be grand..if ya need a hand with the wastegate let me know mate happy to help, im sure aaron has your back well covered though.

yeah thats exactly what i know you as. lol. is the wee motor going alright for ya? heard you had a scare up in jordanstown the other night!

Aye sounds good, got more for the car and some good plans ahead of me! I've already got aaron roped into it haha, come down to arrons place sure when we are doing it.

I know you as ryan with the 82! Yeah its going well, just a few other things i have to tidy it up! Haha aarons to the rescue again all they way up to jtown, hes some fella!!