Oilchanges at LSD, service infos?

I am planning to fit a LSD in my gearbox.

Found the following options

• KAAZ (CLUTCH)
  • TRD (CLUTCH)
  • QUAIFE (Helical)
  • OEM AE111 BRZ
  • CUSCO

Because of Price is found KAAZ interesting, BUT they say after 5000mile oilchange because the clutches work. For KAAZ official is used KAAZ OIL, every 5000miles cost of 50GBP

TRD also uses CLutches, in past TRD also build helical, but not available today. So the gearbox oil also have to be changed? dont find ANY info after what TIME / miles this is requiered. WAHT OIL is used? I can get castrol 75W90 with LSD additive.

quaife, OEM AE111 and Cusco should no have these service cost, but the are expensive and rare.

so what to buy, i dont realy want to change every year the gear oil, would be expensive . I dont use my car daily, but fast road ( i like fast cornering) and some 1/4 mile. what would be the best option of LSD for my use, clutch or helical/torsen?

Edited by german4efte

3000-3500 miles at one yeart i think so i have to change it every year with my engine oil (sommer season car)

because of this i think about, in some years i ll get more expensive thank now buy a helical/torsen LSD. and i hove no idea how long a CLUTCH-Live would be in a LSD....so i have to change the clutches also every xx.xxx miles...

Edited by german4efte

A clutch type LSD will last a full race season before its recommended to be rebuilt. The OS Giken ones last the best and will do about 2 race seasons, not sure if they do them for Starlets though, might be worth a check but they are expensive.

That's with circuit racing by the way so a lot harsher conditions than 1/4 mile drag racing.

For little mileage I would always recommend a clutch type, however for a fit and forget diff that requires no special oils or running in then helical is best.

Providing you can pay the little bit more for the gearbox oil every year, their worth having.

There's no reason why a clutch LSD won't last 25 000 miles, possibly even more as long as the oil is changed at the recommended times.