strut brace and filter

hey ino this may have been answered before but

I need to tighten up the handling so i need a strut brace....which one to get, ino the glanza has one, is that as good as say a cusco one? ads/dis...

and with a new filter am i best to stick with the oriinal box and jus upgrade the filter to a blitz/ k&n one?

if not what sorrt of price am i lookin at for one tht helps, rather thn a universal one tht look a bit shit

Tom

Hey Tommy

As we discussed mate, if you are on a standard platform you will feel a difference from each of the mods you are after.

The front strut brace will improve your turning and road stability a little as expected in a small fwd car.

As for makes, the glanza/gt one is the cheapest you can get and still does the job, I had one when I first started out and can recommend it if on a budget.

The cusco ones do the same job and start from £100-£120 however they are a very nice piece of kit, I own both front and rear braces and cant recommend them enough.

If you are not planning to get one now, I would at least invest in one a little later.

Onto the rear, there are quite a few areas of the rear to exploit as one of the EP's weak spots can be the rear if left standard. The rear strut brace will reduce the slippyness/sliding you get from the rear when turning at speeds or on roundabouts, this will sort you out. The rear anti roll bar is another great addition by reducing your body roll during cornering, it helps so much as the EP doesnt come with one as standard. The highest brace you sometimes see is the C-Pillar bar, altho it is debatable whether it gives much handling gain due to the C Pillar area being so small, it is certainly something to look to if you want that little bit extra for your setup.

Of course there are an abundance of other braces and mods you can do the EP chassis but that can be discussed another day.

Hope this is enough to keep you going mate!

Joz