Hello,

Car was running and starting fine for the last couple of weeks.

When I was working on my car and I couldn't get it started, I noticed that the starter was really slow compared to my brothers starter motor. Despite this it would still start.

Come friday evening I was leaving work. The car started up, as soon as the Starter engaged. But it hesitated. I didn't think anything of it at the time. Just when to turn it over and it struggled, caught then started.

Come Saturday morning, nothing. Really struggled to turn the engine, then just clicked.

The engine bay has been covered in oil which I still need to resolve.

I'm thinking maybe the Starter motor has given up the ghost?

Or is it possible that the oil is causing bad earths?

I don't see why the car wouldn't bump. It was absolutely sweet when I turned the ignition off Friday evening. No problems. Oil levels were regularly kept on top of.

I will try to bump it when I get the chance. Just thought I'd get some ideas first.

Also is it hard to remove the starter motor? Best place to approach it would be from underneath?

I noticed if the heads removed it's great. But I've had that head off enough times and would prefer to leave it on just this once lol.

Any advice is appreciated.