Potential Trackday: Lydden Hill (near Canterbury) on March 21st

Right, I have been discussing this with Mark as well as a couple of other members, have been wanting to go on a trackday for a while and maybe this is an ideal oppurtunity, considering the number of members in the area. Anyway, I emailed Lydden Hill asking for a Group Discount or even a Club Day...now, their typical price for a Trackday is £130 per car, which is in short, a bargain. They may be able to do a discount on that (depending on numbers)...or there's a chance of Renting out the track for a club day. This would be interesting, however...the cost is of £8500 (which would be split up between us all), and so to get a price for the day of around £100 you'd need a got 85 people or so, which, well...won't happen. Or if we go for £130, then 65 people...but I know damn well it won't happen again, as people will drop out left, right and center, unless I do a "non-Refundable Deposit" type layout just to maintain numbers.

Now, what does this money buy you? Well, Google Earth these Co-ordinates: LAT - 51°10'40.72"N LONG - 1°11'58.49"E and go to the side plan view JUST to see the sort of elevation changes on this teeny tiny track, and go to this site: Clicky. It is an exactly 1mi long track with frankly amazing technicality to the layout - it's not too complex, but you get such great elevation changes and variation of slow and fast corners, it is sure to test out the worth of any car, from the efficiency of the dampers on the Off-camber, flat-out corner on a crest just before the Start-Finish straight, to effective brakes and raw mechanical grip on the downhill, 90 degree left-hander called "The Devil's Elbow". Anyway, the £130 will pay for a full day of events, with cars split up into 3 categories/groups, running in 20min sessions. There's a pause at 12 for lunch of about an Hour (and apparently the best Bacon Sandwiches EVER are made at the Van at the track), and then on till the end of the day (5:00PM). For those nervous of your car (i.e. how wikkid your exhaust is, innit), there's no Sound Regulations - when I went there were Silhoutte Racers on track with the "normal" guys.

Now as I said, this is only a potential - I hope to get my car ready for this, but I'll need a large outlay first to get what I need within the 6 weeks...but it's a prime oppurtunity for you track noobs and the people Boasting their skills (and for people like Mark who want to go crazy, and me, see if I'm not just clinically insane having spent so much money on the car and driving around daily with no interior, sound deadening).

Please list your interest, and I'll gather more information or make more stern plans :lol:

1. Enrico - riko666

2. Mark - Nightspirit (you know you're going to this, like it or not :lol:)

errr...oops...

Don't worry chap though, will only make sure the decent peoples come if they do. Mentioning that, when would be a better date for the trackday for everyone? It would cost more to do a Club Day but it would give us the liberty of date

Bump:

1. Enrico - riko666 (4EFTE'd Cynos)

2. Mark - Nightspirit (you know you're going to this, like it or not )

3. Mikey - Mikey Jay (ditto ^^^)

4. Luke - GTti (If date changes a little (Start - Mid April :lol:)

5. Cooch-Cooch (Lol, would you guys still let me join in, in the Rex?)

6. Ian - Dub-Se7en - (assuming all is well of course )

7. Kyle - Kyleseo (AE111 Levin)

8. BennyB - Benny?

9. Zeppelin - (EG6 Civic)

10. [Maybe] Scott - my Flatmate (E30 BMW 318is)

11. Rick - StarletRick (You have no choice, you have to in the name of TC)

4. Luke - GTti (If date changes a little (Start - Mid April )

8. BennyB - Benny?

12. Alex - Glanza Al (Providing I have my brakes sorted :s)

13. Alex's mate- Frank- Saxo VTR (came to bluewater meet.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

4. Luke - GTti (If date changes a little (Start - Mid April )

8. BennyB - Benny?

12. Alex - Glanza Al (Providing I have my brakes sorted :s)

13. Alex's mate- Frank- Saxo VTR (came to bluewater meet.)

14. Himmy - GT Turbo

• 1 month later...