Right electrics haven't always been my strong point but I've had a go with 2 main issues I've got a haven't had any luck. So help would be great. Firstly my fule gauge always shows over full untell I've got about £5 left in it then it floats down to about half a tank.

Second problem is the engine temp gauge on the dash the stat opens. And the fan kicks in but nothing on the dash. I would say it's overruling aswell but I can't pin point that just yet as I'm running turbo fule injectors.

Thanks

Fuel sender issue will likely be the sender itself - its semi common for corrosion to build on the resistor surfaces. Take the sender out of the tank and try to give it a clean, it may need replacing.

Check that you the signal wire on the thermostat housing is actually plugged in. It should be the single pin plug next to the green ecu engine coolant sensor plug - dont confuse it with the single pin radiator fan plug however which is the one closest to the firewall when looking at the thermostat housing. You can test this by earthing the plug with a piece of wire etc, the temp gauge should shoot up to hot.

Edited by Stu
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks buddy that's a great help. So I've got two plugs that are not connected to the thermostat housing one is a small square plug with a single wire this has no place to connect as I'm running n/a I have the sensor with the two vacuum fittings on it wich is also not in use. And another single wired plug wich is more of the common shape. Wich has no cable connected to it as all but has a place to go wich I presume is my issue? 5397463A-0985-4CC1-9522-66B2EA0BA52B_zps

AABBB4CB-5718-407B-9BA8-BEBD6E696A41_zps

How can I solve this issue as I have not got the single spade type fitting for the plug in the first picture.

Thank Liam