tanabe sustec coilovers

:lol:

hi, my car arrived yday and just got it mot'd today and was told it had adjustable coil overs and ther called tanabe sustec pro or somefin. needed to know if there any good and if the ride hide can be adjusted or not cuz the car drives mint but if i drive over a hump or ditch the arches hit the sides of the tires.

if they can be adjusted den can anyone help me and tell me how to raise the car?

cheers

the only difference between shocks and springs and coilovers.... is height adjustment.

although, the pro series are mostly shock/spring combos.

take a pic and ill tell you for sure.

if they are coileys theyll be adjustable. but youll need the spanners that fit them to adjust the height.

the tanabe stuff is pretty good gear tbh. youve hit a winner on that.

Welcome to the site mate and great to have you on board.

Im running the same coilovers on my EP91 and Tanabe only ever made one model for the starlets.

They are called Tanabe Sustec Pro-0

natuna75-img600x450-1147189341209.jpg

DSC00437.jpg

DSC02720.jpg

Mine came with jap instructions and the C-Spanners, the spanners are what you will need to adjust your ride height.

The fronts only go so far down but the rear can go down as much as you like with room for further adjustment, you want a balance really as the handling advantages do not increase past a certain point of lowering.

The spring rates are 4k Front and 6k Rear. Still stiff as you like.

I can also tell you that your coilovers allow for camber adjustment as they are equipped with adjustable pillow ball top mounts so you can set camber to negative degree angles for intense cornering at the expense of additional side tyre wear.

Sadly they are not damper adjustable meaning they are at a set stiffness/hardness but totally tolerable on uk roads compared to even some shock/spring combos I've experienced. But still edgy down country lanes and pothole ridden lanes, and speed bumps so take it easy and rip on the good roads.

Having driven on these for new 2 years I have to say they are like a hot knife through butter when set up right and driven hard on good roads.

Hope this helps.

Joz

thanx for your replys guys. how much r these coilovers worth?the insides of my tyres r racin slicks cuz of d camber adjustment.lol i aint got d c spanners so i need2find another way 2raise d car. which way do i need2 turn d nuts 2raise it? up or down? d ride is comfortable compared2my zetec s on gmax springs!

• 4 weeks later...

wrong wheels is the reason they're hitting the arch, the offset is incorrect. i assume they were put on when they arrived in the uk, if not, then just get new wheels anyway, they're obviously too far out.

sustec pro's are coilovers, you can change the height but not the rebound.

• 1 month later...
The arches shouldn't be hidding the wheels anyhow, I'm guessing your wheels are the wrong offset.

Get your arches rolled and they should be fine.

he might not have the wrong wheels.

do you have a panhard rod?

as you lower the car the standard panhard rod goes out of alignment, and pushes the right hand wheel out when it goes over a bump, causing the wheel to hit the arch.

if you get an adjustable panhard rod and get the car realligned professionally, they wheels should stop hitting the arch :p