DaveEP's squarelamp build.

So as u's know I already have a quadlight gt witch is my own but I bought a 1992 squarelamp last year with bottom end failure. I bought and have been buildin this car with intention to sell on once finished.

I started stripping this car down and done the big end bearing kit and polished it out my self and thought it would be kl, it was not kl and within a wk of it running it had spat the new bearing out and started knocking again so I lost interest "basicly gutted" and left it for a while before stripping the engine out it again to begin replacing the crank, crankshaft seals,conrod and bottom end bearing kit just to make sure it doesn't do a repeat and wasn't leaking.

Here's a couple a pics I have from when I got it.

20130927_132726_zpshcen4pdx.jpg

This was the engine back in when I had done the work the first time round!!!!

20140415_174201_zpsh0kqdbqj.jpg

Av lost loads a pics from the start when I first done the engine work, painted the box and sump n Shit. Anyway after just a wk here's a pic of the engine on its way back out and a stripped out rear full a Shit haha.

20140420_200507_zpsencflnj7.jpg

20131003_154845_zpsqycycrof.jpg

Basicly the car turned into be a shed for parts for the winter months and never got round to doing anything to it till I got my unit just because I was working on other people's cars and couldn't be Fucked lien under a car in the cold. Even when I got the unit and got it up there I had work to do to do on tidgy's glanza for him.

Inbetween I started stripping it and decided to go for basic build for someone else to work on when sold so I went for making everything else hassle free on the car for the nxt to work on getting power from it and not having to tidy everything else at the same time so started inside the car building a false floor and side panels. The car has a half cage to so that's gettin painted. Floor and panels will have carpet covering it to within door in the tyre well for storage. 👍.

Car goin to unit...

DSC_0369_zpsydxiecxy.jpg

DSC_0370_zps4j46vbdn.jpg

This is goin to be alot of work.....

DSC_0371_zpsrsrliw8h.jpg

Cleared up, sitting up, stripped down.

DSC_0376_zpskwfn28iz.jpg

DSC_0377_zpsqbvz0f81.jpg

Cage out!!!

DSC_0378_zpslxaplebk.jpg

Wires cleared away....

DSC_0381_zps2anlbmol.jpg

Started building the frame work for the false floor and working the cage into it.

DSC_0387_zpsirbdgjpq.jpg

DSC_0391_zps68qdug9t.jpg

DSC_0392_zpskqjznabi.jpg

DSC_0397_zpsigbtmkgv.jpg

DSC_0400_zpsmtrjuxcg.jpg

All done and panels on.... Just need carpet now...

DSC_0497_zpsvltwdn9n.jpg

Visit from the wee brother haha. 👍

DSC_0403_zpsbmvqgecm.jpg

That il do for now. Plenty more to come next up is the engine update that should bring the car up to date on the build thread. 👍

Edited by daveEP