well carrying on from http://www.ukstarletclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9241

i did a compression test first off tried it with the plugs out and the engine was stone cold got

1)123

2)115

3)110

4)120

then got the car started for 20seconds at tops and with the spark plugs in i got

1)130

2)130

3)130

4)140

then managed to get the car upto running tempreture and it came out as

1)138

2)138

3)138

4)144

when i manged to get the car somewhat warmed up the car then began to "rev" as in if you kept the foot on the gas it would gradually rev to like 5k then after dropping down removing my foot from the gas it would just cut out again, getting it started again after being warm was really easier rather then when its cold it would start every 1 in 10 attempts,

the engine was shaking at first but when it got warm it sounded a little bit better and improved somewhat

can anybody help me out on what the next thing could be

could it be a carb problem?coil pack? air problem or could it be a turbo problem?

this has been going on for ages now and I've not even driven the car since I've bought it

so any help would be very much appreciated

liam.

as far as im aware the car hasnt used any coolant at all

the sypmtoms of my car are...

when i set off in 1st the car juddered like a kangaroo for about 5-10seconds then it went

next day the car would not start

when it does it seems to be missfiring somewhat and will only run with my foot on the gas pedal at 500rpm, it will not rev at all

managed to get the car warmed up a little today by leaving the car running and putting a brick on the accelerator then it rev'd up every now and again to about 5000rpm then after let it either died or was very close to it, it was spitting out black little bits from the exhaust no smoke really