Right I really need the injector gurus on here to give me a hand.

When I bought my car I was told the black top injectors I had were mazda 323 gtx 360cc ones (195500-2130) but on changing my rail and injectors noticed they are black top supra 440cc ones (232504-2010) which means they are low impedance ones and need a resistor.

I have no idea where this is and want to go back to high impedance injectors.

HELP PLEASE,

HELP.

Edited by HOK

What ecu are you using? Also use a multimeter and just double check they are low impedance. Have a look at the loom for any modified sections which may give you an indication of where they are. Possibly they are inside the car near the ecu. In theory yes you can run high impedance injectors but its better to determine how its setup now and if possible remove the ballast resistors where ever they are.

Ha, oh my.... The looms modded all over the place. Think it was a jap track car.

It will be a blitz access ecu to go with the blitz K1 mate. Injectors are defo low impedance as they are the black top supra's at 2.8 OHM. I'll check around the ecu then, cheers Stu.

Defo safe to run high impedance if there's resistors in there though?

If the resistors are there and you are going back to high impedance injectors then just take the resistors out and rejoin the wires. They should be wired to the 12v feed side of the injector circuit.

What ecu are you currently running? Blitz Access? Or changing to that? If its the stock ecu currently then there will definitely be some resistors stashed somewhere.

It was running on a danstec piggyback Stu, but putting a blitz access in as ecu went pop and I have a access mapped for the blitz k1 anyway.

still can't find these resistors though:-(

I don't know anything about those piggy back ecu's but it could be that the injector drives are run thru it and that it has inbuilt resistors? Conventionally the resistors are wired into the 12v feed side but I've come across a few where they were fitted to the injector drive side. You could measure the resistance of the wiring between the injector and the ecu? That would confirm if they are in the loom at all. Bit trickier to test the 12v feed side, you would have to check from the feed point into the loom.