Creating A Profile For Yourself!

For any newbie it is vital to create a profile and 'image' for yourself, so you have your own unique identity in the club!

This is a simple guide, which will help you create a profile!

When you are on the main screen, click the 'My Controls' Icon, this will take you to the necessary area where you will be able to upload a profile picture, avatar and signiture etc.

1-1.jpg

Once there, options for creating your own profile are displayed on the left handside.

I have highlighted it in red, so it is easy to see.

2-1.jpg

3. The first option is "Edit Profile Information" Once there, you will be greeted by a screen that lets you enter your personal information...your D.O.B, your Gender, your email address, your location, and your interests. If you have your own website, there is even a field where you can input your web address so other members can view your site!

3.jpg

Once filled out, click amend profile!

4. The second option on the list is "Edit Personal Portal Information". This page allows you to write a personal statement for yourself, which basically explains your hobbies and interest's.

Below is a "Notification" Section, here you can change the settings for New friends and Comments

4.jpg

Once all filled out, Click "Save Settings"!

5. Third on the list, is "Edit Signiture" here you can create a small picture that is displayed under all of your post's...it can be a picture of your pride and joy, a piece of writing displaying your spec, or a link to your build up thread.

To insert a picture, upload your photo to photobucket.com, and select the "IMG Code" underneath the picture, and paste it into the siginiture box.

5.jpg

Once complete click on "Update My Signiture"!

6. Next on the list is "Edit Avatar", this is one of the most important one, as its your display picture next to your post, and other members will easily recognise you by it! It can be a still image, or an animated one..

You can chose one from the "PreInstalled" Avatars section by simply selecting one of the galleries and clicking go...

You can enter a URL for an online Avatar

And Finally you can upload one from your own PC, by clicking on browse, and selecting the image you desire...

6.jpg

Once you have sucessfully uploaded your photo, click on "Update My Avatar"!

7. Finally, you can upload a picture of yourself, so fellow members can put a name to a face!

You can only upload one from your own PC, to do so, click on Browse, select your desired photo and press Okay!

7.jpg

Finally click on "Update My Photo"!

You have now sucessfully created a profile of your own, so other members can look at your interest's, recent posts, and leave you comments etc.!

To view your profile, simply click on your name, when you see it!

If you have any other questions please dont hesitate to contact me or one of the other moderators!

Thanks Rob