my auto to manual conversion headache

hi i am changing my auto to a manual. engine is in so is box etc. i turn the key and nothing earths are good. no click from starter motor nothing only thing that does happen is when i turn the key the clock goes off. does the happen on a normall turbo starlet? dashboard lights up i cant here the fuel pump either unless its a quite one. has anybody on this forum done the conversion before? i will post a long thread once its finsihed. i have also fitted a tdo4 and supra injectors and few other bits so should go ok. i have thought about running another wire to starter motor just to turn it over and maybe check if ecu has power to it i still need ecu drawing with pin outs. i am not 100% that the imboliser that is fitted some how linked to the gearbox so unless it was in park it cant start plus i cant rember if you need foot on brake to start it. please if any body can help i can call you on phone and chat or email cheers max