What do people think of these rods?

I would say go with the 0.6mm gasket or the Paseo 0.5mm yeah as long as you're not going to run wild cams.

Genuine bearings will do, depending on the boost just make sure you run the right oil clearance's, wouldn't want the crank/rods to squash into the bearings :)

ECC did a 0.6mm metal gasket, not sure if their still around though. For the Paseo gasket, local Toyota dealer or try Iddy probably be able to get hold of them, same with the bearings.

You can get Cometic ones from here:

http://www.raceeng.com/p-32509-cometic-head-gasket3e4efte5efe-750mm027-h3364sp2027s.aspx

The clearances are stated in the manual, they don't come with the bearings. But when you start building performance motors the OEM clearances don't generally mean much. Depending how much boost, what oil you're using etc. You can run tighter clearances than stated in the manual if using fully synthetic oils for example.

What turbo and boost you planning on running? I'm sure you'll probably get away just fine on OEM clearances if its the usual td04 build.

You building the motor yourself? If not just let whoevers building it sort it, that's what you pay them for :thumbsup:

Ok il send him a message

Il probably be building the engine myself I've built a standard motor but I just want everything to be perfect with this one :) turbo will be a tf035-td04 hybrid and see how much I can get out of it cause I love the spool :)

Ok il send him a message

Il probably be building the engine myself I've built a standard motor but I just want everything to be perfect with this one :) turbo will be a tf035-td04 hybrid and see how much I can get out of it cause I love the spool :)

make sure to have good measuring tools ! i would go oem bearings there rock solid

thats a very good turbo tfo35hm that wit a bigger comp wheel .housing will increase torque even more they spool pretty fast

Edited by 5e colin

Does anyone actually have these exact rods in their engine?

Just before I go ahead and purchase them.

Phil has run them before I believe, no issues and will recommend them.

Come with a limited lifetime warranty as well, what more can you ask for lol.

Edited by AdamB