tong turbo's

hey gerrard, since launched ive sold 7 of these 3rd revision turbos to people, one as far as australia.

i think there are only three people ramsay, ady and myslef that have the turbo on the actual forum

once i get some larger injectors il be going in for a power run(im hoping for anywhere over 220+bhp)

i do know that ady has maps of his at a bar on a rrfpr but he was suffereing from a boost leak on the day

i must say its a savage turbo and im looking forward to what power mine will make on a power run which will be within the next month :p

Im very interested in one of these and have been for a couple of weeks now.

Im thinking of getting on when my new engine has done a couple of thousand miles. Summer time hopefully. What things do you HAVE to have to run it. I will already have a front mount and HKS dump valve and probably a decat and mani aswell.

How do they change the car and what sort of power increase would they give on my setup.

Cheers

Bourkey

ok to run it you need to front mount the filter, you can use any univeral filter and a 55mm silicon bend, like samco to do this.

you will obviusly need an uprated actuater and also a crankcase breather

i migth attend a rolling road this wknd at gmc motorsport and get a base figure at 12psi so people know what gains to expect without tuching the fualing.

on your setup the difference between standard and hybrid in turms of power delivery would be enough to warrent the turbo alone. ul find that the tiny standard ct9 runs out of puff at the high end of the revrange when you get your conversion finnished..

Hmmmmm sounds pretty dam good to me.

It's on my to buy list now as i planned to leave it stock for a good while but i have decided to up the power on the engine slowly but surely. Not really got a figure im aiming for i just want more.

Cheers for your help.

Bourkey

Geo i have a G spec that i had bought of Kitaro. i presum its the same?

at the RR day we had i got 201bhp at the flywheel. but the torqure was quite low down but i think that was due to the intake side that i had. once i get it sorted out i ll try and run again and see wat we get. so far i am happy with it. it pulls well.

no they are not

the difference between the the g spec and gt spec hybrid is the compressor wheel which is a t25 in the g spec and a gt17 compressor wheel on the gt spec.

difference is here

NewPicture.pngNewPicture1.png

at what boost did you make your 201 bhp 15psi???

• 2 weeks later...

at 1 bar on this hybrid dependant on setup you could get anything from 190-210. obviusly capable of more.

correct me if im wrong but ive seen power ranging from 200-230 for a tdo4 at 1 bar

the difference with the hybrid though is the way in which the power is created, more linear compared to the laggier td04 where power is more likely to come in with a bang .

whats the maximim boost these things can hold,

constant and quick bursts, i mean, whats highest setting could have it on a track or fast road where it would be full throttle for a while, and what would it take as full boost for a drag run?

hey sorry for the delay monka, these turbos are warrented to 1.2bar, which is aproaching the limits of what standard engine internals can cope with.

obviusly the turbo could handle abit more boost then that but thats what the warrenty is set to.

• 2 weeks later...

hey sorry i missed this gerrard im running the gt-spec version, ive not cranked it past 9psi yet, im aiming to get some dyno graphs at 12 and 18psi but not too sure when i can get time to do that,

• 1 month later...
sound interesting geo. i ve 2 results no for running about 15psi. both vary because of the intake!!

dude

mesh FTW.....why do these mental power jap gts have no filters:D i havent a filter and it made my gt come alive!....a hybrid with no filter must be mental,mesh FTW

• 4 weeks later...

hi there i loking at one of the ct20 but some one on here told me so stay away from them tong turbo as they know for blowing up out of the blue. can any one put any light on this for me. as i looking at the ct20 but thinking of the ct12 now as i was told that. running all the mods need for a ct12 or ct20. still on standard turbo. got it mapped lasted week running 185bhp at the fly at 1 bar. got the dyno graph as well.

dude

mesh FTW.....why do these mental power jap gts have no filters:D i havent a filter and it made my gt come alive!....a hybrid with no filter must be mental,mesh FTW

hi there i loking at one of the ct20 but some one on here told me so stay away from them tong turbo as they know for blowing up out of the blue. can any one put any light on this for me. as i looking at the ct20 but thinking of the ct12 now as i was told that. running all the mods need for a ct12 or ct20. still on standard turbo. got it mapped lasted week running 185bhp at the fly at 1 bar. got the dyno graph as well.

this doesnt really make sense but ok,tong turbos was once run by a man called kitaro who basically sold some people dodgy turbos,its now been overtaken by geo(enzo) who sells the turbos,i havent heard of ANY problems with these turbos...if im wrong please comment

infact ive bought one as we speak and should be here soon,cant wait to see what gains it produces

the Gt spec hybrids are a gt17 hybrid i think,a ct12 turbo isnt much different to a ct9 and is pretty much pointless for a swap,a ct20 is going places but still not perfect and wont fit straight on as good as a hybrd,a Gt spec hybrid is what you need if you want useable power and no problems

cal

oh and p.s,try to explain your self better please