Hi all my Sr just passed it's mot despite the throttle body being slightly stuck open the car over revs and the mechanic had to turn heaters on and all sorts to get it through emissions he had it cleaned the best he can and looked for the part which he couldn't find one but needs one for next year I found a few but they are just for starlets in general as far as I'm aware it's 74 bhp just like all the rest without a turbo telling me there the same engine can anybody confirm this or tell me of something that will fit direct that makes more horsies

• 3 weeks later...

There isn't one on an SR, that's on an FTE.

The SR uses the same throttle body as the rest of the UK starlets. For more ponies, you could try to source a wider one but you'd need a commensurately larger intake to go with it (such as the above-mentioned FTE one) but then you run into a host of sensor issues that it's not really worth getting around for the maybe 3-4hp increase and loss of torque.

The usual inlet mod on the 4EFE is to swap the manifold over for the tubular one off a late-90s Corolla. It increases low down torque a bit and you can use the original throttle and sensors.