"just wondering has anyone actually fitted a 6speed box?

Am i right in thinking the one to use is from the 1300 corolla g6 with a c161 box? what mods are required to fit this box ie engine mountsbox mounts driveshafts?

any help would be much appreciated"

Hey i posted this on behalf of a friend in need.

Will this link tell him what he needs?? Or if anyone can answer his questions, that will be useful :blink: :

http://www.ukstarletclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6350

i think its a c160 box and yea a few people have them, been on here has a six speed box and crazykid fitted one to his na starlet so he would be more qualified to tell you on the mounts but basicaly they do bolt straight up if its from the g6

the link will tell him what he need but just to reiterate he would need the shifter cables from the donor car to save on getting rapped by toyota as they are quite expensive.

i think its a c160 box and yea a few people have them, been on here has a six speed box and crazykid fitted one to his na starlet so he would be more qualified to tell you on the mounts but basicaly they do bolt straight up if its from the g6

the link will tell him what he need but just to reiterate he would need the shifter cables from the donor car to save on getting rapped by toyota as they are quite expensive.

i was asking bout this the other day too are thay ok on 4efte??

they should be fine on the 4efte, some people have comented or speculated that the gearbox might be weaker but there is no evidence that i know of six speeds breaking

i mean bean on here has a td05 powered 82 with this gearbox in it for some time.

i rate them highly, jam racing use the same final drive in their track eps

sorry buddy had no sleep last night,

yea the starlet shafts flywheel and pressure plate all fit so the gearbox mounts to the engine easy enough,

the shifter cables you will need from your six speed. it is possible to run it as a five speed in the interim using your normal standard parts if you canot get obtain the shifter cables

there is an issue with one of the mounts on the passenger side, i cant mind if you need a braket or something to that effect. if you ask crazykid im sure he could help :blink:

on lsds i misunderstood you but its to my knolage that any lsd designated for a c series box will fit the c160 six speed

if you have any more questions just ask tinman

that i do not, again crazykid or our man sheeky from toyota on here can help you there

they are about £130 a piece from toyota and you need two.

your best off hunting a breakers yard, a quote i got last year was £35 for both for a random one down in england somewhere