Wiring up horn button on momo steering wheel

As above has anyone managed to do this? I've only ran mine without the horn connected but I'm coming across more and more idiots each day that shouldn't be on the road and it's frustrating not having a horn! Or can I put a button for it somewhere? Doesn't have to be on the steering wheel

As above has anyone managed to do this? I've only ran mine without the horn connected but I'm coming across more and more idiots each day that shouldn't be on the road and it's frustrating not having a horn! Or can I put a button for it somewhere? Doesn't have to be on the steering wheel

I too have started to notice more idiots too! I have the same issue atm, do you have the airbag model starlet? If so there's more difficulty to get the horn button working.

I think you have to somehow get power to the brass ring on the back of your boss kit in order to get the power for your horn button! Some people have managed it and have left a few suggestions on my thread as regards the same issue

Yea it's a 98 glanza, where the boss is u can see a little stick poking up which when pressed activates the horn. I'm gonna look into maybe glueing something on top of the stick so I can press that. Shouting out the window only does so much lol I've looked into wiring up the button before with no joy

Yea it's a 98 glanza, where the boss is u can see a little stick poking up which when pressed activates the horn. I'm gonna look into maybe glueing something on top of the stick so I can press that. Shouting out the window only does so much lol I've looked into wiring up the button before with no joy

See mine didn't have the little stick part, either that or I just didn't notice it! Either way let us know if you get it sorted! I'll probably give mine a try when the quick release group buy arrives!

I used a little bit of wire that touches the metal on the back of the boss only works when the wheel is straight lol :D

That actually isn't a terrible idea xD surely if you have the wire so it is brushing along the ring it should work whichever direction the steering wheel is pointing at? I may have to try this idea out.

D77C426F-B3F4-43B4-AFAC-21932F3FFE62_zps

BBAB5152-C9DB-42E7-B791-EB5CC9A7A7AC_zps

This is the one! I did an earth from the button to the boss then a long wire connected to the yellow one for the power, just make sure the plugged in to the button the right way round. The plug itself plugs into the black round piece with yellow stickers on it that u remove when fitting the boss. Just to be clear this is a 98 glanza

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is the one! I did an earth from the button to the boss then a long wire connected to the yellow one for the power, just make sure the plugged in to the button the right way round. The plug itself plugs into the black round piece with yellow stickers on it that u remove when fitting the boss. Just to be clear this is a 98 glanza

Yeah mine had the round black piece, it has a wire coiled around inside it which obviously allows it to spin when you turn the wheel, so basically just got to take power from the existing plug?