true mate any suggestions on what class would be best for a full striped caged starlet running 450hp ?

You can't really answer that. Being able to get a starlet competitive is going to be hard enough, let alone building one to 450bhp with response. Half the people dragging our cars don't run that much let alone a track focused one. Look at JAMs car, that was sub 1min round Tsukuba with circa 200bhp. Power isn't the be all and end all. Spend your money on the chassis and aero. You'd do better in a 240bhp car on a standard lump with £4000 spent on the chassis, rather than spending £4000 on the engine and not a lot on the actually chassis setup.

Then class, well you decide but if i put an EP into it, not pro lol. Id go in the Pocket Rocket class.

You any good?

Haha this made me chuckle :)

You won't be going anywhere on track (other than backwards) with 450bhp.

Chassis > power, anyday. Not to mention 450bhp from a Starlet will likely yield unreliable performance being thrashed around a track.

Stick to 220-280bhp, get the chassis sorted and then go and do a shakedown to see how competitve you are stacked up against the rest.

Adam speaks true words you want to build a time attack car comes down to a well set up chassie good set of brakes and max power you will need is 300bhp

Trying for 400bhp+ will be too laggy. Ive done a few track days days and i find my set up a tiny laggy in places but im looking into that issue. Watching mikes and wardys videos there setups are great and power delivery is perfect.

You can't really answer that. Being able to get a starlet competitive is going to be hard enough, let alone building one to 450bhp with response. Half the people dragging our cars don't run that much let alone a track focused one. Look at JAMs car, that was sub 1min round Tsukuba with circa 200bhp. Power isn't the be all and end all. Spend your money on the chassis and aero. You'd do better in a 240bhp car on a standard lump with £4000 spent on the chassis, rather than spending £4000 on the engine and not a lot on the actually chassis setup.

Then class, well you decide but if i put an EP into it, not pro lol. Id go in the Pocket Rocket class.

Haha this made me chuckle :)

You won't be going anywhere on track (other than backwards) with 450bhp.

Chassis > power, anyday. Not to mention 450bhp from a Starlet will likely yield unreliable performance being thrashed around a track.

Stick to 220-280bhp, get the chassis sorted and then go and do a shakedown to see how competitve you are stacked up against the rest.

Adam speaks true words you want to build a time attack car comes down to a well set up chassie good set of brakes and max power you will need is 300bhp

Trying for 400bhp+ will be too laggy. Ive done a few track days days and i find my set up a tiny laggy in places but im looking into that issue. Watching mikes and wardys videos there setups are great and power delivery is perfect.

Agreed with above forget mega power, spend your money on chassis and tyres, get the handling balance how you like it then up the power!!

cheers guys appreciate the advice I can see where your coming from it does make sense im still in the research stages of the build so the more input I can get the merrier im working on the chassis and aero first so the engine will be last I have made up my mind about pro it don't sound like its for me too much headache lol

The headache, and mega cost it is to get such power really isn't worth it to waste it all away through the front wheels.

I know you said about possibly going 4wd in the future, but I would stay FWD, 2 reasons. Drivetrain parts are extremely hard to come by if you manage to break something and the last thing you want is to be out for long periods of time because you can't get the parts. And secondly, a FWD can be faster than 4WD providing its setup properly.

I don't know what stage you're at with the car, but I would get the chassis sorted, make sure its rigid, re-bush everything, solid engine mounts, good suspension, and good tyres. If you don't have a forged motor, slap in a stock motor and run a CT9 or td04 and see how well you get on throughout some testing.

The headache, and mega cost it is to get such power really isn't worth it to waste it all away through the front wheels.

I know you said about possibly going 4wd in the future, but I would stay FWD, 2 reasons. Drivetrain parts are extremely hard to come by if you manage to break something and the last thing you want is to be out for long periods of time because you can't get the parts. And secondly, a FWD can be faster than 4WD providing its setup properly.

I don't know what stage you're at with the car, but I would get the chassis sorted, make sure its rigid, re-bush everything, solid engine mounts, good suspension, and good tyres. If you don't have a forged motor, slap in a stock motor and run a CT9 or td04 and see how well you get on throughout some testing.

Fair point there mate its bare shell at the moment its ready for its cage and other bits to be sorted i have been and done ct9 td04 td05 setups on my gt turbo and glanza so was going to go biger to support the power i was going for the engine is getting forged prob go back to a billet td04 running 300hp