Changing engine mount

How would you go about changing the engine mount? Would I need to put a jack under the sumper and lift it a tiny bit so it hold it straight and is the sump strong enough to hold that weight with getting dented by the weight of the engine pushing onto the jack? The its just removing the bolts that hold the mount on the engine, right?

When i did mine i used a jack and a bit of wood on the sump

The left side mount:

3 bolts on top and 1 under neath and take the main one that goes through the mount out and the whole engine mount itself will come out (i found this easier when removing the bushes from the housing.

Rear mount:

When doing the read mount i used the same jack with wood on the sump and unbolted the 5 bolts and the big one that goes through the mount and the mount assembly will come away from the car.

Gearbox mount:

The gear box one is only 2 bolts through the mount bracket on the front of the gear box and 1 that goes through the mount which can be accessed from above the gearbox and in the left wheel arch.

My advice is to take each mount off the car and remove the bushing separately this is just easier than having to struggle inside the engine bay.

It just takes some playing round to line everything back up but you can do it with a set of jacks and axel stands finger tight all the bolts first the nip them up later where everything is lined up correctly.

Hope this helps

Matt

Edited by Matthewep91v