Hey!

I've had this turbo timer kicking about for awhile, and the guy I bought it from says it was fitted to the starlet and was easy to re-fit if I wanted. But I know nothing about anything; so was wondering if you guys/gals could help me out!

Here some pics; basically there are 5 wires. A yellow, red and blue which run into a plug, a single long black wire, and a very short white wire with a slot connection on the end. Where does the plug plug into ? And what is the black and white wires for?

100_1115.jpg

100_1116.jpg

100_1117.jpg

100_1119.jpg

100_1118.jpg

Cheers for the help; if it turns out to be quite straightforward I will be fitting it tomorrow!

Thanks,

Chris.

RED wire will go to a constant 12v live feed

BLUE wire will go to the ignition barrels switch position#2 accessory live

YELLOW wire will go to the ignition barrels switch position#3 ignition on live

BLACK wire will go to a good ground point - scrape some paint from under a screw behind the dash and attatch to that,MUST be a good ground for timer to turn on

WHITE wire should be optional, so the timer will only activate when the handbrakes on.Connect it anyway just incase.

Buy an automotive 12v volt tester from somewhere like halfrauds..That way you can test the wires to see which is a constantly 12v live.

And also which wires become live when the keys in the ignition and youve turned it to the 2nd position, and 3rd.

Accesory live means, you put the key in ignition, turn it to the 2nd click so the dash lights come on..

position3 will be the ignition live, which means the electrics are all activated, ie youre windows will work, mirrors will fold etc.

and position 4 will obviously fire the engine up.

That plug on the end of the wires will probably be useless, and only needed if you have a harness to connect with.

If i were you, id hack the plug off and do a decent quality job of twisting the wires together, and then soldering and heatshrinking them all nicely.

Piece of piss to fit, but you need a cheap 12v tester to obviously test which are live when the ignitions in the right position.

The tester will come in handy for when and if you decide to fit other electronics and gauges etc ;)

Craig