Urgent help needed.

I have been having a problem recently with my headlights on my 96 glanza, the n/s headlight was only working at half the brightness it normally does and wouldn't switch to full beam but the o/s was working fine, I tried a new bulb and checked the plug for the bulb and it seems fine but still had the problem, then tonight when I was driving home from work both headlight stopped working, had a quick check of the bulbs and they look fine, so I was wondering if there is a relay or something for the lights, I couldn't see one in the fuse box but I could be wrong. Use the car for daily use so kinda need the lights in these dark mornings, so any help would be appreciated.

The headlights work on a switched earth. So for example the headlight bulbs have a constant power and the switch inside creates the circuit by earthing the relevant wire. Nick had a similar problem with his lights and it turned out to be a break in the wire from the fuse box in the engine bay to the headlight switches on the stalk. We ran a new wire (after spending quite a while looking for the break) from the fuse box to the switch on the stalk. Can't remember the colour of the wires off the top of my head but there are plenty of wiring diagrams going around if you do a search.