Pro-Gram Billet Main Caps Toyota 1.3L 4EFTE

CLICKY

I keep seeing people running 300bhp+ are cracking main caps more and more lately to much torque in 5th from 80mph - 100mph and the torque is finding the weak point the main caps. What do people make of these ? good upgrade to stop that problem i know TD are designing a strenth plate to bolt in just wonderd what people thought of these. i know our engines are line bored so each main cap is to that engine and cant be changed so i asume these would need the same treatment before fitting.

cheers nick.

Edited by akyakapotter

Not seen them before, but I know Zisco can get hold of some.

I would be finding out what material they are specifically using.

Yes they would also need line boring.

One of the big issues relating to the 4E is that the journals aren't wide enough to spread the load placed upon the bearings, and those that run big boost pressures, will likely benefit from larger bearing clearances.

I've not heard of Pro-Gram before,but have heard of Real Street Performance, and know they sell good products. I just found this on the Pro-Gram website that might be of some use.

http://www.pro-gram.com/tech.html

Their website doesn't exactly come across as something professional or has had a lot of time put into it, but that doesn't always mean the companies bad.

• 6 months later...