Well, I thought it was time I introduced myself and my Glanza, which I bought on 7th November 2015, from a fellow ukso member JamesP.

I'm quite familiar with the starlet scene as I owned an ep82 back in 2008 up until 2011 when I sold her to sample some of the other jap models on offer, I initially went through a couple of different type R's and scoobies until "real life" marriage, children, mortgages and diesel estates took over for a while. I soon got the itch to own a project car once again. After scouring the Internet looking at various different options I couldn't bring myself away from looking at starlets, I really enjoyed my ownership and had always felt guilty for selling my ep82.

Here she is in all her glory 4d6eba73e84bdb9e7618683e04b6ce7b.jpg99fead86bb040782bc79e4719104ffb0.jpgbd1c557f28bd7798dc80c63548bdd757.jpg

Anyway on to the Glanza.

She has s decent spec pretty much what I wanted from my GT it never quite got there.

Brief spec

Wepr ramhorn externally gated td04

Wepr rear entry fmic

Emb mapped at 1bar

330cc injectors

Kakimoto exhaust

Drag and drift coilies

Oem lsd box with excedy organic clutch

DC2 recaros

Front polybushed anti roll bar

White line anti lift kit

Team dynamics wheels

And some other bits which I've forgotten I'm sure.

Here she is the day I picked her up

654d35e1af62697d7d5cb826e155e91d.jpg

After picking her up and driving her home all was going well, the glanza is very different to my old ct9 hybrid 82 but still great fun to drive. Unfortunately after covering. A few hundred miles I noticed she wasn't quite pulling as well as she did. After a "spirited" drive one day I noticed a fair bit of coolant on my drive after checking the usual suspects I got the coolant dipped and tested sure enough there it was positive for hydrocarbons possibly due to a blown headgasket. So tucked her away and have started collecting parts for a head rebuild and gasket change. I also bought a new rocker cover and got some an8 fittings welded in. I should have her back together by April ready to attend a few shows over the summer, here's some pics.

After a quick detail the other day.

f9e1fed41a105608114a9dfec2bee5f7.jpg863d45b9b6949e9c374e4ef8888c2339.jpg

The early stages of my race spec rocker cover

0b5caab056b2c7076ff0b00f7cd7dd6b.jpg15b43d9566beb9f72195f2516530f71c.jpg

I will try to keep this up to date with my progress. Hope you enjoyed reading.

Edited by Ben89

Thanks chaps, yep bit of a pain but it's a twenty year old car and these things happen.

The wheels do look good thy have certainly grown on me, and yes they are ns2rs seem quite good at the moment haven't really pushed them too hard yet.

Thinking of going gold with the wheels?

• 2 months later...

So got some time to get going on the headgasket. Whilst stripping it down I found one of the plugs (cyl no4) was white and the rest a nice sooty brown colour, this got me thinking so decided to check to check the corresponding injectors resistance. It was open circuit indicating the coil has burnt out on it. Checked the rest and they were all a healthy 12ohms. At least i know the cause of the headgasket failure.

Anyway some pics of the strip down and rebuild.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Gasket was a little cooked on the 4th cylinder

Posted Image

Busted injector

Posted Image

Head back after rebuild. Had the valves re-ground a light skim and all de-coked re-shimmed and checked.

Posted Image

Going back together

Posted Image

Nearly done now all I am waiting on is my new injectors, hopefully have it all back together for japfest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk