Turbo a caddy

Hello

Seeing if anyone here knows about turboing a Diesel engine :/ I know nothing about it lol

My brother has a vw caddy and bought a turbo engine from a golf, so he's looking to see if he could put that in and leave turbo on and all. Would it run alright or what's the story ?

My mate was going to do this to his sdi and bought a mk1 Leon for the engine, he sold the cAddy in the end but there was also going to be a issue with the immobiliser on the Leon being connected to the clocks or something

Well he's gonna swap the injector pump cause that's where the immobiliser is. It's a mark 11 caddy and the engine is a pd golf is all I know so far.

Thanks for the replies

Gonna hit vwcaddy.com for some more info

From reading on the forum so far it's gonna be a bitch to do what he wants. He was looking to just put the engine in with turbo and make exhaust and intercooler to suit ? Would surely need sensors to read the boost or something wouldn't it for afrs to run right ?