How 2: Fit Levin TwinPots From AE101/111

Here are all the part #s and pics for this setup if you wish to purchase them new:

Callipers.jpg

Disc-1.jpg

Part.jpg

There are a few things u definitely need for this conversion, the first being the twin pot Levin callipers themselves, you also need the Levin discs, available from Toyota and pads, the discs from the UK AE111 will not fit they're too narrow. You will also definitely need longer wheel studs (M12 1.5 x 63mm length). You will also need a set of small spacers that fit between the hub and disc to move the disc into the middle of the caliper. While doing the conversion I would also suggest using braided lines and 5.1 fluid.

Levin Disc sizes: 275 x 25

Glanza Disc sizes: 255 x 18

To put that in perspective

DSC01390.jpg

DSC01391.jpg

Here's the rest of the kit

calliper.jpg

2pot.jpg

First things first take off your alloys and drain your brake fluid, now remove your exisitng callipers using a 14mm socket on the bolt for the brake line and to remove the calliper, and a 17mm socket on the fixing that links the calliper to the body. The disc will just slide off.

Next step, you need longer wheel studs (M12 x 1.5, 63mm length). You will not be able to change these yourself as you need the hub removed and you need a pneumatic ram to do this. After theyr removed you will have 20mm extra length and it will look like this.

Studs.jpg

As you can see i also test fitted and decided for a flush fit I will have to remove the guard behind the disc, as seen in this pic but not in the one above.

DSC01355.jpg

While your studs are being changed at the garage take the time to clean up or paint your callipers, I chose satin black.

DSC01323.jpg

DSC01324.jpg

DSC01310.jpg

You will also probably need to reset the pistons in the callipers, do this by removing the nipple at the back (as when bleeding) and compress with a G clamp.

DSC01311.jpg

Here is the full kit finished.

DSC01392.jpg

Im sure now you will be eager to fit the kit, but you must ensure first that you have the discs skimmed down to 260mm and I took the opportunity to have the discs grooved too.

torisetu.jpg

disc2.jpg

disc.jpg

Spacer.jpg

As you can see above I have also fitted the spacers in the back of the discs.

Now you may begin lol. Start by fitting the discs (with 8mm spacers) to the hubs.

Disk.jpg

Next fit the body of the calliper in the existing holes using a size 17mm socket, shown at top and bottom of picture, I found i needed a 2.25mm washer to go between the hub and the calliper body to push the disc further into the centre of the calliper.

Bolts.jpg

Padholder.jpg

Next fit your brake pads, I am running these discs in with standard pads, although I have a set of Endless pads to add a later date. Ensure you fit the retainer clips on the top of the pads.

Clips.jpg

DSC01302.jpg

DSC01303.jpg

Lastly fit the calliper piston housing over the top of the pads and fix to the body sing 14mm socket, replace the brake line (regular or braided) on the back using the same, dont forget the copper washer.

Line.jpg

Done.jpg

Your work is done, bleed the system ensure there is no air in the pipes and enjoy being able to stop properly.