Yes SVA's car throw a rod i believe and like mentioned Andys scoob shat a box out.

Lots of people had issues though, Under Suzuki popped an engine also. Id imagine everyone wasn't prepared for the extreme heat out there.

Hope they'll be back next year with better reliability!

Edited by RobSR

Under Suzuki actualy blew 3 engines! Luckily they had spares with them. Was hotter than normal from what I understand and then Rained for the shootout so really not ideal. Both uk teams have confirmed they will be going back next year and Andy has confirmed he will be taking a fresh car for time attack as aposed to one that's just finished a season of racing so looking forward to next years already ha

Edited by _shaun_
  • 5 weeks later...

I didn't know any of you guys followed WTAC, I've been heading down the last 5 years with the Mighty mouse honda CRX. He managed 3rd in Pro AM.

I had my doubts about how quick the sva car would be but it certainly proved itself with a 1:29 with all the obvious issues they were having. Was gutted watching the driver have to run across a live race track to get his own fire extinguisher as the car burned

Andy Forest was a top guy to chat to. One of the friendliest guys I've ever met. He did absolutely everything he could to get another box in it for Saturday but it ended up being far too much work. Had a good chat to his wife too. Holy shit that woman knows her subies!

WTAC is definately at the pinnacle for time attack racing.

Edited by -Harry-