Newbie from Doncaster, South Yorkshire

Hi all,

I've just bought a 98 starlet 1.3s for dirt cheap... £245!!

83k miles one owner from new.

Has the obvious wear and tear and it's in red so it's going to need a lot of TLC.

I've just purchased some alloys, 15" 6.5j.

Will get some pics posted up after I've eaten my tea.

Anyone know how I can get some power out of this little old girl? Any help will be appreciated. And I look forward to chatting to you all.

Thanks in advance,

Jordan

Hi guys, thanks for the reply.

I'm not bothered about spending money, it's a project car it's not going to be on the road for a while.

Any ideas with me not having an issue on spending money, as I don't need to do it right now.

Wheels look good mate! I'm selling my 40mm lowering springs on glanza shocks for £80 after this weekend if your interested? And I work in Doncaster so you won't have to travel far for them at all :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Westley.

Thanks dude! They're team dynamics, got them off of eBay they was a steal at £100!! It's worth more than £100 in tyres.

And I'm not too sure about the 40mm lowering springs as I don't know if it will lower it enough? Is there anychance I could meet up with you and see what yours looks like? So I can decide wether or not to get them?

As I was thinking about getting the 50/57mm lowering springs.

Cheers Jordan.

Ahh I finish work 5 usually but Friday is always a hit and miss sometimes I finish early other times not! Otherwise I'll be at home in Rotherham which isn't too far I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi mate welcome. Ask Morgey or one of the other moderators to move this to the owners progress section mate so that you can start a build thread. As mentioned for performance- drop a Glanza or gt turbo engine in- think the gt conversion is said to be easier as the wiring is easier. If it's big power you want then check out Socks build thread as he's just done a 1.8 2zzge conversion and bolted a turbo to it but that's mega money and a lot of custom work.

And I'm sure you don't need me to tell you that the stock brakes are shite and so is a Glanza set up so you'll want either a levin twin pot set up like mine or someone like WMS do an awesome custom set up so you'll actually be able to stop without hitting a tree.

Hi guys! Thanks for the replies... I'm currently talking to a guy that's selling a 4efte with bottom end damage.. Was rebuilt 5k ago but bottom end shit it's self... So I'm thinking on buying that and rebuilding it. The car has no interior apart from drivers seat arm which will be replaced with a bucket seat.

And the whole car is going to be sprayed Matt black. Because I'm fed up of trying to get the red paintwork back to how it should be!

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I've been busy over the bank holiday weekend.

Car now has management for the turbo build.

Cars been stripped out fully inside...

Here are a few pics.

I'm awaiting my wideband and boost gauge, and I plan to install them where the CD player is. Because who needs a CD player when you have a turbo'd engine!

post-14485-0-16909400-1464644901_thumb.j

post-14485-0-22048700-1464644916_thumb.j

post-14485-0-84168400-1464644934_thumb.j